Re: [ppc] Include hwcap as ifunc argument

On 05/21/2012 09:58 AM, Richard Henderson wrote:
Aside from the x86 port, there are only two targets that have ifunc
support in glibc mainline: ppc and arm.  It would be awesomely handy
if we switch these targets to mirror the sparc lead in passing along
the dl_hwcap contents as an argument to the resolver, *and* to do it
in the same release as adding getauxval.  There are some clever things
we can do at static link time if we know that getauxval corresponds to
the availability of the ifunc argument.

Dave, dunno if you wanna change the signature of the arg from int to
unsigned long for 64-bit?  It just seemed prudent to do that here...

I'll present a similar patch for arm shortly...

Like so. Tested on armv7. And a ping for the ppc patch?

r~