This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH] arm: fix cfi errors with newer binutils
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: libc-ports at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 16:37:28 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] arm: fix cfi errors with newer binutils
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, 2 Jan 2012, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> 2012-01-02 Mike Frysinger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/nptl/sysdep-cancel.h (PSEUDO): Change
> .type/.globl/label to ENTRY(). Change .size to END().
I have committed this patch and the sigrestorer.S one, but note that it is
expected that ARM old-ABI support will be removed from GCC after 4.7
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2011-12/msg00692.html>, and similarly I
think it is time to remove that support from the glibc port as well
(probably in multiple patches: first give an error when configuring for
old-ABI, then remove all ARM-specific files that aren't used for EABI ARM
GNU/Linux before simplifying the directory structure).
Joseph S. Myers