This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: ARM TLS descriptor support
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>, libc-ports at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 15:44:08 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: ARM TLS descriptor support
- References: <4D5E921D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <4D74872E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Sat, 7 May 2011, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> But are the existing entry points expected to preserve them?
Yes, both because of d0-d7 being used for argument passing in the VFP ABI
and for all call-clobbered NEON registers including d16-d31 because
functions such as __aeabi_memcpy that are only permitted to clobber core
registers may be called via the PLT.
Joseph S. Myers