Re: Conditionally falling back to the .c code or a different .S

On 3 March 2011 23:46, Joseph S. Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> My inclination is to use the usual Implies approach (so that an armv8
> directory implies the armv7 directory). ?I think the directory should best
> be armv7-a as that's the value that will work with -march= for a GNU/Linux
> target, and the only v7 variant supported for such a target (directories
> for older versions - if some functions only need v6, say - could end up
> being more complicated). ?That way it can work with --with-cpu as well as
> any autodetection you implement.

Thanks (and thank you to Roland).

For this version I'm only doing v7 stuff anyway (and as you say it
might make sense
to say v7-a - although I think my routines should work with the other variants).

> Please make sure any functions you add have been tested (with the glibc
> testsuite) for both big and little endian, as it's quite easy for string
> functions to have endian-dependent bugs.

Hmm yes, that is one to think about; I don't think it should be too bad
for these few.  I'll give them a whirl on QEmu to check.

Dave