Re: Avoid reuse of MIPS "hi" and "lo"

On Sunday 27 September 2009 10:12:36 Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org>
wrote:
> > Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:
> >> I ended up with:
> >>
> >>   git push ssh://sourceware.org/git/glibc-ports.git master:master
> >
> > Just "git push" should work.  You can always check with --dry-run if you
> > are unsure.
>
> I've updated the wiki. For "git push" to work you have to checkout
> using ssh://, but the wiki doesn't say that.
>
> I've updated the wiki to mention the use of ssh://, using git push,
> and the need for you to use your sourceware ssh keys.

this is incorrect, but not sure how much it really matters to people here.
the original clone URL has no bearing at all on where you push things.
personally, i always clone the public/anon interface and setup another remote
URL for pushing.

to use uClibc as an example, i clone:
	git://uclibc.org/uClibc.git
which means my remote.origin.url is this URL.  then i add a secondary url for
pushing:
	git config --add remote.public-repo.url ssh://uclibc.org/git/uClibc.git

now my default fetch/pull comes from the git:// and when i want to push stuff,
i simply do:
	git push public-repo
-mike