Re: [M68K/ColdFire patch 4/n] Remove kernel headers

Andreas Schwab wrote:
Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim@codesourcery.com> writes:

The ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/m68k/sys/ucontext.h file does indeed
describe the SysV version of ucontext_t, not that of linux's.

No, it doesn't. It describes exactly the Linux kernel definition (modulo sigmask size). If you remove it you get the wrong SysV version.

Ah, now I understand what you mean; ucontext.h cannot be simply removed because then GLIBC's build process will pick up sysdeps/m68k/sys/ucontext.h, which describes SysV, not Linux, ABI.

Still, what was the foundation for coldfire-specific changes to fpregset_t, i.e., the use of 8-byte entries instead of 12-byte as for m68k? I assume this should be removed along with similar changes in reg.h and register-dump.h. If you agree, I'll follow up with a separate patch to ucontext.h, reg.h and register-dump.h.

Regarding the sigcontext.h header, there's no competing version in ./sysdeps/m68k/, so this one can be removed in favor of the header installed by the kernel. Or would you like to keep the file and just bring it into sync with the kernel?

Regards,

--
Maxim K.
CodeSourcery