[M68K/ColdFire] NPTL support and other updates

Good day,

In this thread I will post patches to M68K/ColdFire port that add NPTL support and other necessary updates to make trunk GLIBC build and work properly.

The patches posted here were tested against 2.10 branch on a ColdFire system with no test failures in elf/ and nptl/ directories.

Truth be told, I mainly focused on the ColdFire port, and didn't test the work on usual m68k. Still, to my knowledge, the only place m68k functionality is missing, is atomic macros implementations in ./sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/m68k/nptl/atomic.h, which should be straight forward to fix: the memory barrier macro should be the same as in coldfire's implementation and compare_exchange macro should be a wrapper for 'cas'.

Further, I still have one more patch in my pipeline. The patch fixes register-dump.h and regs.h, but I need some time to verify that the fixed versions correlate with ColdFire kernels.

Even further, to make the port build on trunk (not 2.10 branch), one needs to update ____longjmp_chk, something I had not yet started on.

Finally, to build M68K/ColdFire GLIBC *without bugs*, one will need the very recent snapshots of binutils, gcc and kernel. The threads for binutils and gcc patches that fix last /known to date/ bugs are (http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2009-08/msg00461.html) and (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-08/msg01253.html). The kernel patches (http://marc.info/?l=linux-m68k&m=125054669119207&q=p4 and http://marc.info/?l=linux-m68k&m=125105890201426&q=p3) are not intrusive and can be ported to the kernel version of one's choice.

Andreas, I thank you in advance for reviewing this work.

Last, but not least, I'd like to give credit for this work to my colleagues at CodeSourcery, especially, Joseph S. Myers and Daniel Jacobowitz, for their help and expertise during this project.

Regards,

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
CodeSourcery