This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [Announce] Port of glibc to Google Native Client
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: Mark Seaborn <mrs at mythic-beasts dot com>
- Cc: libc-ports at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:02:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Announce] Port of glibc to Google Native Client
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Mark Seaborn <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I have used the Linux-i386 build of glibc as a starting point, so the
> changes are not very mergeable at present. ?Any advice about how to
> handle what is effectively a subarchitecture of i386 would be
I suggest getting it all working as a ports add-on. Call the machine nacl.
If you are pretty close to the i386 machine port, then you might want to
use a Subdirs file to include the entire i386 port and then override one
or two files in the nacl directories. You can also use Implies files to
change the ordering of the directories which are searched for files.