This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH, RFC] MIPS: Implement the getcontext API
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ralf Baechle <ralf at linux-mips dot org>
- Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>, linux-mips at linux-mips dot org, libc-ports at sourceware dot org, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:32:48 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, RFC] MIPS: Implement the getcontext API
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090418123815.GA21240@linux-mips.org>
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 08:19:33PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > > Here is code to implement the getcontext API for MIPS. This glibc patch
> > > is sent to the linux-mips mailing list, because it makes use of an
> > > internal syscall which has not been designated as a part of the public
> > > ABI. I am writing to request this syscall to become fixed as a part of
> > > the ABI or to seek for an alternative. See below for the rationale.
> > Was there any conclusion about whether the assumptions this patch makes
> > about the kernel are OK (and so it can go in) or not?
> I've probably not spelled it out clearly enough in an earlier email on
> this topic but yes, I think it's ok. In all reality the stackframe has
> de facto become a part of the ABI that needs to be kept stable.
Thanks - I've now committed the patch.
Joseph S. Myers