This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH, RFC] MIPS: Implement the getcontext API
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf at linux-mips dot org>, linux-mips at linux-mips dot org, libc-ports at sourceware dot org, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 20:19:33 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, RFC] MIPS: Implement the getcontext API
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> Here is code to implement the getcontext API for MIPS. This glibc patch
> is sent to the linux-mips mailing list, because it makes use of an
> internal syscall which has not been designated as a part of the public
> ABI. I am writing to request this syscall to become fixed as a part of
> the ABI or to seek for an alternative. See below for the rationale.
Was there any conclusion about whether the assumptions this patch makes
about the kernel are OK (and so it can go in) or not?
Joseph S. Myers