Re: glibc alpha patches

Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Thursday 15 January 2009 06:11:50 Oliver Falk wrote:
Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Wednesday 14 January 2009 05:17:27 Oliver Falk wrote:
I have a few alpha patches for glibc alpha. I've attached 'em.

Since there's no glibc alpha maintainer (any more) and alpha has been
moved to ports, nobody seems to be interested in commiting those.

Do you see any chance for me to make this process a bit more simple?
if no one is going to be alpha maintainer, then i wonder if we could rule
by community ;)
No, not rule by community. That's not what I meant. I was wondering, if
someone with appropriate rights could commit 'em.

but there isnt a maintainer and i dont think anyone with commit privs will apply patches. i dont even really know what being a maintainer requires (docs doesnt seem to cover this).

Yes. I do also not know. I'd do it, if someone would tell me what this *means* and if I can do it.

at any rate, your dl_support patch is wrong. see the one i wrote instead:
http://sources.gentoo.org/gentoo/src/patchsets/glibc/2.9/6018_all_alpha-g
libc-2.8-cache-shape.patch?rev=1.1
Not totally wrong. :-) But yes, your patch is more correct.

fair enough

But it's strange. I tried to recompile glibc, but with the updated patch I get unresolved symbols...

Mike. You have the same problem as I/we have, right? Or don't you mind
that your patches are not in upstream cvs?

i dont think distros should have to maintain out of tree patches

So, you would also be happy to have a alpha maintainer, or even willing to take over the job?

-of