RE: Dumb build behavior: autoconf

Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> (Let me guess, someone will now tell me that there is some
> option there in the glibc configure to disable these
> auto-autoconf-ing behaviors, and I look like a moron for
> not doing some RTFM).

Indeed! You should to:

  export AUTOCONF=no

before building libc.  I see --without-cvs too,
(which you'd think would be a default for the 99.9..%
of the world that doesn't want that behavior!)

Why did I send this to libc-ports instead of libc-alpha?
I can't even see straight any  more. That's okay, vacation
on Monday.