Re: wierd problem with eabi compiler and kernel 2.6.18

To the OP: please, pick one list, not three.  libc-ports is a more
appropriate choice.

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 12:06:22PM +0100, Martin Guy wrote:
> Jevgeni Zolotarjov <zhenja@zlo.ee> wrote:
> >IPC shared memory does not work in a desired way.
> >Does anybody uses IPC successfuly on ARM architecture?
>
> I noticed that, when I hand-installed perl from source while trying to
> make Angstrom usable, the SysV IPC test was the only one that failed,
> though I had too many other questions open to look into it further at
> the time. That was glibc-2.4 and linux 2.6.17, so glibc-2.4 looks like
> the suspect.

A handy thing to try would be to search for IPC related keywords in the
ChangeLog.  I believe you'll find this is the relevant patch:

2006-08-21  Daniel Jacobowitz  <dan@codesourcery.com>

        * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/eabi/syscalls.list: Remove msgctl,
        shmctl, and semctl.
        * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/eabi/semctl.c,
        sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/eabi/shmctl.c,
        sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/eabi/msgctl.c: New files.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery