Re: performance problems with linuxthreads on arm

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 11:36:11AM +0200, Peter Menzebach wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >Or, you can fix the bug in LinuxThreads that causes performance to be
> >so lousy.  I'm not completely sure, but I think the attached patch will
> >fix it.  Want to give it a try?
>
> Daniel,
> You are right, the patch works fine.
> Did I understand it correct: The re-scheduling was called before
> relasing the spinlock, a process with higher priority is started, tries
> to get the lock, loops, and goes to sleep again. This is repeated, until
> the first process has a higher prio, that it finishes to release the lock...

I think that's right; you don't even need priority to trigger the
problem.

> Are you going to submit this patch upstream?

I'll check it in once I have a chance to run some of my own tests.  I'm
going to be setting up a LinuxThreads environment in another week or
so.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC