Re: Confirming porting strategy

At Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:35:19 -0400,
Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
> So the situation we are in is that deciding what to do at the syscall
> layer in glibc is going to involve some fundamental architecture
> decisions that need to be deferred for a while. In the interim, we don't
> plan to use anything from GLIBC more complicated than memcpy().

If that's really the case, you can link against a libc.a compiled for
the same hardware architecture but for e.g. GNU/Linux.  This is what
we do with the Hurd on L4 port[1].

Neal

[1] http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/hurd/hurd-l4/libc-parts/Makefile.am?rev=1.6&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup