Re: LC_ADDRESS and other locale updates [was: sr_ME locale country_isbn and int_prefix fix]

On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 07:50:28AM -0400, Chris Leonard wrote:
> Keld,
>
> We are still at an impasse on the proper format for country_isbn.
>
> Jakub believes that it should be quoted in unicode points, where as I
> beiieve it should be a simple numeric.

Just for the comment - I didn't say I think they should be quoted in
unicode points. I wrote that the three forms coexist in existing
locales.

As I investigated now, from the technical, glibc-specific point of view:
country_isbn is internally coded as a (UTF-8) string.
In source file it could be specified as a number (if it's single number
- note that some (>50) countries have more than one ISBN prefix) or as
a string (whether coded as unicode points, or directly).

If there is no formal specification of this field in source file format
(is it covered by ISO TR 30112?), used format would be just a matter of
convention.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/