This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GNU libc locales project.
[Bug localedata/14172] Please add the az_IR locale
- From: "keld at keldix dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: libc-locales at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 16:08:29 +0000
- Subject: [Bug localedata/14172] Please add the az_IR locale
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #5 from keld at keldix dot com <keld at keldix dot com> 2012-11-17 16:08:29 UTC ---
On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 07:50:46AM +0000, mousamk at gmail dot com wrote:
> --- Comment #4 from Mousa Moradi <mousamk at gmail dot com> 2012-11-17 07:50:46 UTC ---
> Both can be correct, but I see in the other locales that the 2-character codes
> (ISO-639-1) are used, so I though it should be az_IR. The north Azerbaijani
> locale is submitted as az_AZ, if we were to use ISO-639-3 codes, it should've
> been azj_AZ.
> I don't insist on any name. Please use which one you see to be suitable.
We should use the 2-letter code if it exists.
This is in accodannce with practice, and also Internet practice
and the ISO standard on POSIX and Linux locales.
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.