Re: How should the yesexpr noexpr regexp look?

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 03:59:00PM +0300, Volodymyr M. Lisivka wrote:
> Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
>
> >I actually also advise using 1 for yes, and 0 for no, in all locales.
> >
> >For the conflicts in Ukrainian, I would ecpect Y and N in Ukrainian to
> >be in the Cyrillic script? Then there is no conflict, as latin Y and
> >Cyrillic Y are different letters, likewise for latin N and Cyrillic N
> >

> Latin character Y (Yes) and Ukrainian character Cyrillic_N (Ni - No)
> placed on same key at keyboard.
> Lanin character N (No) and Ukrainian character Cyrillic_T (Tak - Yes)
> placed on same key at keyboard.
>
> The third variant is to use "y" and "tak" (three letters) and "n" and
> "ni" (two letters) to avoid mistakes.

That is a new twist to me, but I see the problem.
You may use the same key on the keyboard to denote yes and no, in
different scripts.

One more argument for using 0 and 1, or + and -.

I do not have a good advice in this case, and I wonder what you
Ukrainians think yourself. Is this also a problem in other languages
using the Cyrillic script?

Best regards
keld