Does dladdr1 allocate heap memory?

Hi,

I have a custom dlsym-like symbol resolver (dlsym allocates memory on
failure which causes problem when using my
code alongside malloc interposing libraries). Getting the struct link_map
is one of the steps and I am wondering
if I can make use of dladdr1 for that purpose. That obviously requires
dladdr1 to *not* allocate heap memory.
In my testing, it appears be heap-alloc-safe. But I am wondering if there
are any edge cases where it might not be so.

Thanks.