[GSoC 2015] Dynamic Documentation Project

Hello,

I am Sajidur, from India. Currently I am enrolled in Computer Science
& Engineering branch at BITS Pilani University. I went through all the
ideas mentioned in the GNU's GSoC ideas page and found the dynamic
documentation idea under glibc, fit for my skills as well as interest.

I have been thinking about the idea and reading materials relating to
it since last few days and these are the points that I believe would
constitute the project. Please correct me wherever I might have
misunderstood.

1. The project is basically to develop a program which would read the
internal inline markups in a C code and dynamically create a file,
which breaks down the source code file into its constituent classes,
functions, structures etc and individually documents them, but under
one common umbrella for the whole source code. The closest to such an
implementation, what I could think of and that I have worked with,
would be javadoc for Java. (please correct me if I am wrong)

2. The second step is to integrate the created documentation to the
existing texi documentation so as to maintain cohesion in
documentation.

I think that the project requires a lot of text and pattern matching
algorithms so that it correctly reads the markups and extracts the
comments from the source file. Secondly, it requires the necessary
prerequisites to make a texi file and add it to the 'monolithic'
manual. I am well equipped with the former skill, which requires
working with pattern matching algorithms as I have used such
algorithms in a lot of codes that I have written. But the latter
requirement (familiarity with texi format) is what I'll have to learn
and practice for a comprehensive understanding.

I request you all to kindly correct me wherever I am wrong, and also
comment if the way that I am going is the right path to doing it.

Regards,

Sajidur Rahman