Re: sunrpc licensing

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 1:22 AM, Nicholas Mills <nlmills@g.clemson.edu> wrote:
> Under what license is the file sunrpc/xdr.c? Is it covered solely by
> the Oracle license at the top of the file or are the modifications
> covered also by the GPL? In short, if I copied the file sunrpc/xdr.c
> into my software product am bound by the requirements of the GPL?

That's a very interesting question.

Even as an FSF steward of the glibc project I'm not entirely aware of
the history of all of the donated code to the project.

I'd be happy to document the history if someone like Roland is willing
to recount some of it. I can put it up on the FAQ and create a history
page for the project on the wiki.

Roland can you provide some context here so I can document it?