Re: pthread_cond_wait() hangs when cancelled (sometimes)

On 19 March 2013 14:30, Simon Falsig <simon@newtec.dk> wrote:
> My system:
> An embedded AMD-Fusion platform (dual-core) Linux 3.2.9-rt16 kernel OSELAS
> cross toolchain 2011.11.3
> (platform-i686-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.14.1-binutils-2.21.1a)
> - with the "Fix exception table for i386 pthread_cond_wait" patch applied
> (http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commitdiff;h=55a051c985c3e7965a2
> f5dd5f762ac2737adae01)

IIRC the patch was only for cases where you have PRIO_INHERIT.  If
you're using vanilla conditiona wait/broadcast the you won't need it.

> I'm currently about to try out a newer version of the toolchain, but in
> the meantime, if anyone has any idea about what might be going on, I'd be
> very happy to hear it. Thanks in advance!

I'd do that too - build and test your program against the latest glibc
in git and see if you're able to reproduce the problem.  If you can
reproduce the problem, then please file a bug report so that it
doesn't just get buried in the archives.

Siddhesh
--
http://siddhesh.in