Re: Encouraging the kernel(?) to more efficiently wake my threads

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you tried using condition variables?

Jonathan,

I have not.  Are you are implying that the problem I am seeing is
typical for semaphores?

I've never used a "condition variable" before, but I can try it.

Also, in your quote I noticed a typo in my original message.  The "5"
here should have been a "4":

>>  c) Wait for the 5 baby threads to complete (wait on 4 semaphores)

Thank you,

Chris