libc cross compile issue.

Hi,

I'm trying to cross compile glibc from a ubuntu 64-bit host for a
mips-linux host.  I have binutils/gcc up, the problem I have is that
it dies on

checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking size of long double... 8
running configure fragment for nptl/sysdeps/pthread
checking for forced unwind support... no
configure: error: forced unwind support is required

During the build, the error is because it's trying to link a C
application with my mips C compiler and it's getting unresolved
symbols [abort(), memset, strlen, etc].

My config line is

../configure --target=mips-linux --build=x86_64-linux
--host=mips-linux --prefix=/opt/cross/mips/
--with-headers=/opt/cross/mips/include/ --disable-shared
--disable-profile --without-tls

I can compile to .o with my mips compiler, and the tools are in the
path, etc [obviously].

I'm suspecting that I'm doing something wrong during my config steps
because why would it assume it can link apps for the target platform
before building glibc?

Little help?

Tom