Re: Glibc 2.12 segfaults under certain conditions

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:04:29 +0100
pocmatos@gmail.com (Paulo J. Matos) wrote:

> "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@systemhalted.org>
> writes:
> >
> > In your case my first guess is bad memory on the machine.
> >

> Unfortunately I am not sure this is the case. I just happened to face
> it after an upgrade to Ubuntu Maverick and I can consistently
> reproduce it. Although there are many things involved and you might
> be right, I find it awkward to be a memory problem in this specific
> case.

Allan McRae from archlinux team made it out of this bug, but I do not
know how he did it or the patch he applied.

Please take a look at the bug I filed after requesting help at the libc
ml.

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20513

On Archlinux the problem is now solved.

--