Re: Bug while cross compiling for powerpc

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 3:21 AM, ClÃment Foucher
<Clement.FOUCHER@unice.fr> wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> I just tested using your advices, but there are some problems, and I'm not
> sure what to do about that:
>
> First, my PowerPC is a 440, as you guessed (included in Xilinx ml507
> testboard).
>
> So I've retried from scratch, re-downloading glibc and glibc-ports using git
> (since I'm not familiar with git, I haven't understood the 'checkout" step,
> but no matter)
>
> I've added to my command lines the following, as you said:
> --enable-add-ons=ports
> --with-cpu=440
>
> But then, I have this message:
>
> "Checking sysdep dirs... configure: error; The 440 subspecies of PowerPc is
> not supported"

Whoops, in this case it's looking for a 440 directory in sysdeps.  You
should be able to build it without the --with-cpu=440 and it'll
default to the lowest common denominator.

If you want to enable 440 you can simply add a 440/ directory to
ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32/440 and one to
ports/sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/440

> So I tried without the "--with-cpu=440", and hope that will work. But I then
> got the following message:
>
> "'NPTL' -> if you really mean to not use this add-on, run configure again
> using the extra parameter '--disable-sanity-checks'"
>
> Before, I hadn't this message. Is this because of the version I downloaded?
> Of because I added libc-ports?

Yes want nptl as well...

--with-add-ons=ports,nptl

> Anyway, at this point, I don't know what to do... And I'm afraid that, since
> 440 is not supported, I can't use that library... But I need it since the
> applications I use on the board requires it...

I'll be pushing a patch soon which enables 440 by default, but I'm
trying to iron out the kinks.

Ryan S. Arnold