Re: Version mismatch libpthread/libthread_db

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Martin
Gebert<martin.gebert@alpha-bit.de> wrote:

>> Where did you get the source for glibc?
>
> I have *no clue* what you're trying to prove with your inquiry, but the
> sources I built the toolchain with were indeed downloaded from an
> official GNU mirror, as intended by the provided build script, and no
> patches have been applied. Now, can you give me a hint that helps me
> solve my problem, or at least where I would find such help?

I'm sorry if my attempt at light hearted humour offended you. I'm not
trying to prove anything, I just want to have a look at the sources
you are using, and see if I can help you.

The only hint I can give is that you must ensure the target has all
the new glibc libraries, and that gdbserver is invoked using the new
target libraries e.g. /path/to/new/ld.so.1

You must also ensure that the host cross-gdb has a copy of all the
libraries and is using them during debugging, use info shared to
verify that.

If you also get an error like:
~~~
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
~~~

Then you are suffering from this problem e.g. host cross-gdb sees
different libraries from target.