This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Need help please on GLibC 2.3.3
- From: "Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh)" <bgholikh at cisco dot com>
- To: <libc-help at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:19:56 -0800
- Subject: Need help please on GLibC 2.3.3
- Authentication-results: sj-dkim-3; header.Fromfirstname.lastname@example.org; dkim=pass (sig from cisco.com/sjdkim3002 verified; );
We are using a legacy system, Linux kernel 2.6.11, gcc 3.4.3, glibc
Within our environment we have a multi-threaded application which runs
We are experiencing what we think it might be a malloc or free related
We have instrumented kernel so we can see most of the system activities
with related timestamp.
We have also created a wrapper that we timestamp before and after each
malloc or free call.
What we see is sometimes one or more of the threads are suspended for
more than 30 msec?
Is there a known bug in glibc 2.3.3?
Many thanks in advance,