This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: the description of LANGUAGE
- From: Zhang Le <r0bertz at gentoo dot org>
- To: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Cc: drepper at redhat dot com, roland at frob dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:47:17 +0800
- Subject: Re: the description of LANGUAGE
- References: <20081130133656.GA22220@adriano.hkcable.com.hk>
Sorry, please take this one. Just did a little modification.
When determining the language (e.g. en or en_US) of a locale category (e.g.
LC_MESSAGES), if the locale category is itself already set to a valid locale
name (note, must be a locale name, a languge name won't work. e.g. 'en_US' is
ok, but 'en' is not) in a system, no matter it is set explicitly or implicitly
using LC_ALL or LANG, LANGUAGE's value will override this locale category's
original setting. LANGUAGE's value is a colon separated list of language codes.
The list will be scanned from left to right, the first valid language code will
Thanks in advance!