Re: autoconf AC_PREREQ ?

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Yann E. MORIN
<yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> I'm bringing this discussion on the glibc ML after it was (briefly)
> discussed (1) on the eglibc ML, and it turned out the issue is already
> present in the glibc tree.
>
> There are configure.in fragments throughout the glibc-2.8 tree. Those
> fragments get parsed with 'autoconf', called from the glibc Makefiles.

I ran into this last year.  And like Carlos O'Donell indicated in his
parallel email what's described here should solve your problem.
http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2008-02/msg00007.html

In general, we don't re-run autoconf.  Generally Ulrich re-runs it and
checks the generated files into cvs when necessary.  But like my email
indicates, this can expose some discrepancies when there's a mismatch
between Autoconf versions used to generate the base configure files
and new configure files that you may need to generate from your own
new configure.in fragments.

Regards,
Ryan S. Arnold