Re: pthread_mutex_destroy returns EBUSY, but the mutex isn't locked

Hi Carlos,

> Can you reproduce this using glibc cvs head?
>
> It could be a glibc or kernel bug.

I'm using a fairly old glibc (2.3.4) and I can't even reproduce this
on a different release of the same version of that library, so I
haven't tried reproducing on a completely different one.

Have glibc/kernel bugs been common/reported in this part of the
library? (I tried to look through bugzilla but I'm not sure if it
would have covered everything, or just stuff reported by end users).
I'd be extremely surprised if mutexes were broken in any significant
way, given how fundamental they are to so any multithreaded
algorithms. The only way I could imagine this escaping notice for a
while is if people aren't checking their return values from
pthread_mutex_destroy - does anyone find this likely?

Thanks, Adrian