i have some solution for glibc. how to make a patch from it?

Hi. I send this thing to libc-alpha, but they said that they want
patches. So i'd like to make one. How should i do that? Is it enough to
get newest cvs and make patch in unified format or you use some special
switches? how to mark my messege, that it contains a patch?
And this is the message:

I'd like to adress some problem with glibc. In Linux From Scratch project you have to use some sed substitution during glibc compilation to change default interpreter of ldd.bash.in (from @BASH@ to /bin/bash). It's because when configure discovers that only sh is available. It's simple: change the line: BEGIN if set -o pipefail 2>/dev/null; then END to 2 lines: BEGIN if set -o | grep pipefail 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null; then set -o pipefail 2> /dev/null END Now it'll work with dash too. Thanks.