Re: Audit support

Steve Munroe wrote:
 However I do have a question about the symantics of the "framesize"
parameter when it is none-negative and _dl_call_pltexit is called. In
the general case we will need to copy the parameter save area of the
calling frame to the _dl_runtime_profile frame for access by the target
function. So I need to know exactly what the none-negative value of
framesize represents.

It's arch-specific, but so far we managed to have a consistent interpretation. It is the number of bytes which need to be copied so that the called function will get all its values from that copy and not the original stack frame. What this means for ppc is up to you to decide. For the implementation of audit modules it would be could to minimize the difference. So, if there is a number of bytes which always need to be copied if args are passed on the stack, it might be good to add the number implicitly to the framesize value instead of requiring the audit module to know about this detail.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â