Re: Fujitsu FR-V port (linuxthreads and nptl included)

On Feb  9, 2005, Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> wrote:

> No way.  I'm not willing to be the slave of these embedded idiots with
> their gazillion ports.  This data must be part of the add-ons.  If the
> support does not exist, write it.

So, I can add an entry to ports/Versions.def and it will just work.
However, I'd like to make it specific to the FR-V port if possible.
Unfortunately, Versions.v is preprocessed with -undef, so
__FRV_FDPIC__ isn't defined.  Any chance we could take out this
-undef, or must I come up with some more convoluted solution?

Or can I just keep GCC_3.4 unconditional in ports/Versions.def, such
that any other ports willing to use them can without further hassle
can, and those that don't won't be affected in any way AFAICT?

I.e., does this patch actually impact negatively any other port, or
are you just going on your crusade against new ports and being a pain
as usual?