Re: LD_ASSUME_KERNEL problem

> So, what can we do?  We need a better way IMO to switch libraries to
> not affect all installed glibcs.  Any good ideas?

Do you have a suggestion?  For the path elements that come from the hwcap
list, you can exercise some control with LD_HWCAP_MASK.  "i686" comes from
dl_platform, i.e. AT_PLATFORM.  An override for that in glibc would have
the same issue, though you could override it in the kernel somehow specific
to 32-bit processes.  We could add something like LD_EXCLUDE_PLATFORM to
give platform/hwcap strings that should not be put into the search list
when they normally would (then you could use that for "tls" as well).