Re: [patch] add alloc_pages/free_pages support

  Uli> David, stop it.  I won't apply anything until the decisions are
  Uli> truly final.  When Linus says it explicitly (again) I'll add
  Uli> it.

You ought to stop it.  The interface has been discussed at great
length and Linus decided for the new system calls.  If you take a few
minutes to read the discussions and think about it, I think you too
would see why Linus decided for the current solution.

  Uli> If you, as it seems, have something riding on this (some
  Uli> benchmark?) it is your problem.  I'm not giving the proponents
  Uli> of this interface a reason for saying "it cannot be removed
  Uli> because it's already in use".

You're making unfounded accusations.

Please remember that Linus is the Linux kernel maintainer...

	--david