Re: [Fwd: Memory violation in init on ARM Linux. in glibcmainline...]

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 18:06, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> I'm trying to build glibc on my NetWinder and am running into a memory
> violation in glibc when running rpcgen during the build of the others
> target in the sunrpc directory.

I think this is a binutils bug.  From what I remember, the relocation
information gets scrunged somehow when -z combreloc is enabled, so none
of the GOT entries are actually relocated properly at run time.

I have some BFD patches somewhere to implement reference counting
properly, which seemed to help with that.  I can send you a copy if you
want, but I'm not sure if they will still apply against the latest
sources.

p.