Re: sunrpc vs 64 bit

On Wed, Aug 28, Roland McGrath wrote:

> Does sunrpc work on 64-bit platforms right now?  PR libc/2226 cites a

Yes, it works for a very long time without problems.

> problem with the use of u_long all over the sunrpc code where it ought
> to be uint32_t.  It looks to me like this is probably in fact a problem,
> but I don't have a 64-bit machine to test it out on at the moment.

The u_long is no problem as long as you don't store values bigger
than UINT_MAX in it.

I think the source of the problem for the bugreport must be somewhere
else. If the NFS RPC packets are really incompatible, none of our
Alphas should be able to communicte with a 32bit NFS server. But it
works.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk@suse.de
SuSE Linux AG        Deutschherrnstr. 15-19        D-90429 Nuernberg