Re: fileops.c:1618: warning: weak declaration of `_IO_do_write' afterfirst use results in unspecified behavior

Those warnings have been appearing for a while now (I also see them with
the RH variant of gcc-3.2), but I was too lazy to look into avoiding them
until you spurred me.  I was able to get rid of those warnings just by
reordering the decls in those files.  The weak decls don't need to appear
before any other decl of the symbol, only before any reference in a
function or another initializer.

Now the only spurious warnings in my build are "declared static but never
defined" for the things defined in asm and referenced via C decls.  I don't
know of any way to get rid of those.