Re: thread-ready ABIs

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

> Can you elaborate on this a little?  Do you just mean removing the
> conditionalization in __libc_tsd_{get,set} and always calling the
> functions?  A platform without thread registers could always just have
> implementations of __libc_internal_tsd_* in -lpthread and -lc.

There will of course always be support for platforms without thread
registers.  The existing code won't go away.  But for the platforms
with such support these functions indeed should go away.  As already
mentioned, I don't have a document describing this for all
architectures.  But you can look at the IA-64 ABI specification which
should give you a pretty good idea.