Re: librt.so issues

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

> It seems to me that for this sort of thing to really work properly,
> all of libc's definitions that might be overridden by libpthread
> must be weak.

Stop thinking about weak definitions.  This is horrible crap.  It must
go away since it a) incompatible with the real (= SysV) understanding
of weak definitiosn and b) because it is prohibiting optimizations and
c) is generally slowing down code unnecessarily.

If there comes a real librt programs linked with the old one will work
just fine.  They include libpthread but so what?  New code will be
linked with the new librt and will live happily with libpthread.