Re: A mmap64 patch

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 09:53:30PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
> > Your reply didn't seem to make sense.
> >
> > The code in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux is for new ports.  Old ports that
>
> Wrong. The code in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux is for ports with 32bit
> offset. All ports with 64bit offset, new and old, should have a dummy
> mmap64.c like

sysv/linux should really be for new ports.
Perhaps we should restructure sysv/linux by adding sysv/linux/wordsize-32
and sysv/linux/wordsize-64 (and adding related Implies) and moving files
common to 32 or 64bit linux ports in there. The legacy kernel support in
i386/ which many older ports include via #include from i386/ dir could
perhaps get some subdirectory as well, so that it is clear that new ports
should not use it (they unfortunately often do).

	Jakub