2.2.3 release and what follows

I've send out the announcements for 2.2.3 as you might have seen.
Thanks to all who helped.

I'm pretty sure this release is stable unless I screwed something up
in the last moment.  We'll see in a few days.  These few days are
exactly the time I'll not be so responsive and available (we're moving
and so I'll not have the Internet connection set up).

Once I'm back I plan to make a decision on whether a 2.2.4 release is
necessary right away.  If not (and this is my expectation) I'll cut
the 2.2 stable branch and the 2.3 development branch will be opened.
>From that point on only bug fixes will go in the stable branch.

I want to take the opportunity to ask at this time for things you
expect in the 2.3 development.  I have so far only one concrete item:
the extended locale model with thread-local locales.  This will also
include implementing the standardized thread-local data model.  For
those who are interested and missed the announcement of the design
white paper for the thread model, the URL is

  http://www.cygnus.com/~drepper/tllocale.ps.bz2

It'll be an interesting development since some ABIs are not able to
support this new thread-local data model efficiently in the moment
(PPC, m68k).  I guess the plan is to make some drastic changes for PPC
(Geoff knows probably more) but I'm completely clueless about m68k.