Re: RFC: NSS prototypes

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 18, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:
>
> > The problem is not the purpose of the extra argument but how to use it
> > for *different* services without conflicts!  files-netgrp uses from
> > struct __netgrent the members private members - and therefore no other
> > service can use it since the same argument is passed to all services:
>
> This is as far as I know a local data structure.  We can change it in
> whatever way we want.  You can add extra fields for NIS.

I don't know any more what the problems are when we discussed this
the first time.
But we don't need an extra field for NIS. We need a to make sure
that one module does not overwrite the data from the previous module
if you stack 2 modules.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg