Re: next test release (5th)

 > I've handled now all the mails which came in for the last versions and
 > which actually can be handled.  If you know about anything else let me
 > know.

 > This means it's a good time to make a new test release since some bugs
 > are fixed and deserve testing.

 > Given how few bugs turned up since the last test release I really hope
 > we reached the point when we can make the 2.2 release.  I'm not
 > counting changes in ports.  No port beside the stable ones should be
 > considered when making a release (x86, m68, Alpha, PPC, SPARC, Arm).
 > And those stable ports seem to have no more problems.

 > I hope to find the time to make the .95 test release over the weekend.
 > Depending on how many reports we get this could very well be a release
 > candidate and the following release could be final.

 > And no, I don't want to wait for Linus to get his acts together
 > especially since releasing the 2.4 kernel does not mean that no new
 > features get introduced for 2.4.1.  We'll have to make adjustments
 > anyway.

 > If you have any pending changes (like Andreas with ldconfig) try to
 > get them to me ASAP.  Any other issues should be raised now as well.

I'm not sure the ldconfig changes make it.  I'm moving across the
country next week and have two weeks holiday.  I'll try to look at it
again today but if you don't get anything, I won't make it in time for
the release :-(.

What about my Patches with Subject: "leases/locks in 2.4.0-test9-pre7
- sync glibc and kernel" ?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger