Re: Glibc 2.2 is broken

   Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:52:07 -0700
   From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>

   # netscape
   /usr/lib/netscape/netscape-communicator: Symbol `_res' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
   (dns helper): Symbol `_res' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
   zsh: 1833 bus error  netscape

Hmm, strange.  I have been running netscape 4.72 standalone with the
new resolver from time to time the past days, and it seems to be
running fine, even better than with glibc 2.1.3 (or am I just
imagining that?).

Can you find out exactly where it crashes.  The crash might be related
to something else.

   We should provide symbol versioning for it.

I'm not sure we can do that very easy.  I tried to copy how we handles
_sys_errlist, but that didn't seem to work.

Mark