Re: My proposal for the libgcc runtime ABI (ia64 gcc/glibc is broken.)

Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> writes:

> Precisely.   There's at least two (HP & DEC/Compaq) that have non-linux,
> non-ELF systems which suffer from precisely the same core problems.

But they almost certainly need different solutions.

Anyway, this all is really becoming silly.  I've never said that I
wanted to write or maintain such a library.  I just don't believe that
the gcc people are able to maintain such a delicate interface for so
many platforms in a timely fashion given that you will also get
requests from the individual system library maintainers which have to
be taken into account.

You should stop making any incompatible changes before you can show a
solution for the problem.  Failing to do so, and the current situation
is already in the state, means that nobody can really use the current
compiler anymore since newly compiled binaries will crash.

I suggest to revert any such change and start working on the solution
of the interface problem.  Then we will see whether you can stand
behind your words.