Re: My proposal for the libgcc runtime ABI (ia64 gcc/glibc is broken.)

   Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:48:05 -0700
   From: Richard Henderson <rth@cygnus.com>

   > IMHO we have to allow for an extended period of testing.

   Indeed.  I've been having good intentions toward getting this taken
   care of for quite some time.  The barrier is the amount of horror I
   feel in trying to figure out libtool in a (canadian) cross environment.

   But it ought to get done soon...

I'm certainly willing to put some work into it this summer.  However,
let's not let the urge to see some real code clobber our view on the
bigger picture just yet.  I've just posted an analysis of the contents
of the GCC 2.95.2 libgcc.a to the gcc list.  I hope that can serve as
a guide on exactly what should be put into the shared libgcc.  Let's
first decide on what to put into it before providing the
infrastructure to actually build it.

Mark