Re: My proposal for the libgcc runtime ABI (ia64 gcc/glibc is broken.)

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 07:36:37PM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> In essence, the issues aren't really a libgcc/libc issue.  Currently
> all ELF systems have similar problems with getting exceptions working
> in the presence of shared libraries.  Most of the other systems with
> shared libraries probably suffer too.
>
> The fact that the Linux libc contains and reexports the frame info
> registration functions make things a little more complicated, and

I believe it is the cause of the problem. Otherwise, it will be
libstdc++.so who contains and reexports the frame info registration
functions, which is the part of gcc and handled by my "library
interface" scheme. It is an entirely different issuse.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)