Re: PATCH: add missing __strdup decl to include/string.h

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> writes:

> Greg McGary <greg@kayak.mcgary.org> writes:
>
> > 2000-06-21  Greg McGary  <greg@mcgary.org>
> >
> > 	* include/string.h (__strdup): Add extern decl.
>
> Where do you need it?

I don't recall exactly.  Without this patch, I get warnings about
undeclared __strdup when building the BP lib.  The BP build disables
the macro-mania in string2.h and that's why it gets warnings while
other builds don't.  (If you want to see exactly where the warnings
come, I'll back out this change from my tree and build again.)  I
could see no clean way to fix string/bits/string2.h, but the
include/string.h fix seemed clean since I was just adding a __strdup
decl alongside its brother __strndup.